Nothing like a yummy protein-loaded smoothie on a busy afternoon to give you the energy you need to rock the day. And this super delicious chocolate almond and coconut smoothie recipe is something you will surely enjoy.
- 3/4 cup of plain almonds
- 3/4 cup of water
- 5 dates
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated dark chocolate
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw grated coconut
- 1/4 of vanilla bean seeded or dash of vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- 8 ice cubes
- Mix the almonds and water in blender and mix until smooth. Overnight soaked may be easier to use.
2. Add the 5 dates, the grated chocolate, sea salt, grated coconut, vanilla, cinnamon powder, and ice to the blender and mix until smooth.
3. Pour the smooth in your favorite glass, add a dash of cinnamon powder or grated chocolate on top and enjoy.
You may feel tempted to make this smoothy with almond milk instead of whole almonds, but you would be missing all the protein, fiber, and heart-friendly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that you get from whole almonds.
Latest posts by FitMomCentral.com (see all)
- Start Now and Make a New Ending - January 2, 2018
- How to Build Strong Legs Doing Sissy Squat Leg Extensions - November 8, 2017
- Chocolate Almond Coconut Smoothie Recipe - November 5, 2017